Oh my!! Sorry for the absence!! I'm sure all six of you have been waiting on pins and needles for me to post again :)
I honestly have no idea where the time goes. The days are ripping past like the billions of pieces of tissue paper that I had to tear up for a collage activity. My sister was here for a week, a former coworker returned, and the preschool has been in session for four weeks and I am so excited to come to work and play with my kiddos every day. I have one more week until my fall break, the destination of which is currently uncertain, and I am forcing myself to peel myself out of bed this weekend and go play with some tigers and visit the bridge over the River Kwai. And maybe ride an elephant.
I've decided that it's ok to sometimes take the various items on your emotional plate, pile them into some tupperware, and refrigerate for another day. Sometimes it's ok to just not think about things until a more appropriate time when you are surrounded by friends and family members and can actually take a moment to catch your breath. And so....I will have plenty of time to feast on the copious amounts of grief that is just sort of hanging out and looking for a window of opportunity to be acknowledged, expressed, and welcomed into my emotional tapestry.
But, well, that ain't happening today.
Right now is for travel, is for work, is for celebrating the end of the rainy season. Right now is for being here and being present. My 2008 reflections will all have time to, well, be reflected upon when I'm home and surrounded by people that I love.
More tomorrow. I promise. If not tomorrow, well, definitely when I return from the tiger temple with pictures of a tiger's head in my lap. Seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment