Saturday, December 13, 2008

A-leavin' on a jet plane

So I think I've been a tad bit whiny on here (and in my life) lately, my apologies. As usual, my life has been a fabulous and well decorated roller coaster. I can't believe how chock full o' stuff--both amazing and sucky--the last six weeks have been! And now I'm about to get on a plane in a few hours and head home to my family for three weeks. I haven't been back to the U.S. in a year!! And while I mentioned in my last post that I was somewhat nervous about this trip (see? WHINY!!!!), those feelings have been replaced with feelings of complete and utter joy and excitement.

I can't wait to show America the lessons that Asia has taught me. Seriously. I'm like a preschooler running home to my mom to show her my ingenious finger painting. And while the familiar will, in fact, feel unfamiliar after such a long absence (and this will be strange at first), I also know that the familiar contains the long overdue TLC that I desperately need!!

I will miss Asia while I'm gone, but I sure am hoping for a white Christmas!!

Catch ya on the flip side (quite literally)!

1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

I am so excited!!! I can't wait to see you, talk to you and take you all in!!