Friday, December 5, 2008

Things that are awesome....

Alrighty. I've gotta counterbalance to utter negativity of that last post. I am feeling much better, thank you very much, and so today is a great day to make a list of things that are AWESOME!!

*I didn't throw up today!!

*The water filler upper thingy in the lobby of my condo. It provides a cheap and easy means of acquiring drinkable water AND recycling the plethora of plastic bottles that Bangkok churns out and swallows each day

*White tea

*Motorcycle taxis

*Learning Thai using the Rosetta Stone that Peter purchased for me, oh, over a year ago. I no longer have time to go to classes, but this is an excellent alternative!

*Sizzling morning glory

*Thai massage

*The paper in my journal is made out of elephant dung. Awesome.

*Since living in Asia I've been to: Thailand (obvs), Laos, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia (three times!!), Malaysia (twice!!), Singapore, and Bali

*Thai orchids

*Johnson's "Melt Away Stress Daily Calming Lotion"

*Pearls

*Shell necklaces

*Flowy skirts

*Silk photo albums

*Hot chocolate from the Duc de Praslin Chocolate Shop

*Reading memoirs

*My physical therapist!! When she found out that I had had the stomach flu four days ago she immediately booked an appointment for me with another doctor. She said that she thought I had missed my appointments during the last few days because I was busy. When I told her it was because I was sick, she said that she was going to call me from now on to make sure that I am okay if I miss another appointment. On a separate day she also told me that I should write a book.

*The Superhuman Relationship that is Peter's and mine. We've been on opposite sides of the world for a year and a half (a YEAR AND A HALF!!) and are still goin' strong with no signs of stopping.

*Post cards

*Handmade paper

*Taking pictures

*Fairy lights

*ASIA!!!!!

*The fact that I am going to be home in a little over a week :)

What's awesome in your world??

2 comments:

Bob Stein said...

It's an interesting exercise to sort the actually-awesome from the potentially-awesome and the obligatory- and presumably-awesome. But if the word were not leached of meaning here's what I'd use it on.

Thick, exotic, healthy-food sammiches.

Soup.

Good sales.

Watching movies while being a human couch for my kids and their stuffed animals.

Cool water after a run.

The first snowfall of the year (this morning!).

Long, deep discussions.

Figuring something out.

Finding people by their blogs.

Finding new music.

Morning Pages (thanks to Julia Cameron).

Balthasar Gracian.

Making someone's day with a few words (either end of that).

Fanmail from customers.

Pillows.

Hot running water.

Fireplaces (wish I had one) and chopping wood (wish I had to).

ffffound

Human contact.

Discovery.

Alison Sweet said...

My two channel video piece I have been working on got into the undergrad juried show -- and looks fab!

People have given me a dozen compliments on it and it makes me happy.

An artist in Milan wants me to make some stop animations for her for Florence Biennial!

Curt's undieing love for me and his willingness to help me out with everything!

Going home to see my family in TWO more weeks.

Coffee, in almost any form.

Hot and Sour soup.

IPA

Billy's chicken wing pizza

Cheese in any almost any form

Books!

Ok, I have to get some work done.
I love you Brooke and I love your blog.

Love,
Alison