Friday, May 30, 2008

Interesting things I've seen today.....

*An albino cockroach!! Now, I have a SERIOUS aversion to cockroaches, and I even get a little faint when I have to sweep up the dead ones in my condo. The fact that they are the size of a newborn kitten and have eyes that totally track your every move does not seem to help matters much. However....an albino cockroach!! What if it has some sort of sacred powers? I thought about picking it up from the sidewalk and getting a little gilded cage for it and giving it offerings each day (I even had a little name picked out for it and everything). But then it stared at me with its pink eyes and I realized that albino creatures do not belong in cages.

*It is raining on exactly half of the property right now. It's like something out of a cartoon. I just went outside and walked in and out of the rain. The grass is sopping wet while the pavement is bone dry. Weird.

1 comment:

The Fritz Facts said...

Albino cockroach...interesting...

I love those kinds of rain, they are so fun. We had that at the cabin Memorial Weekend, and the kids got a kick out of it.